For now I control my harmony hub via comfortclick with a workaround.
I do a http command to a raspberry pi running a http server with node.js and it calls harmonyHubControl which can access the harmony hub using activtiy and command ids.
This is great because you can teach the hub new IR commands.
So I can not only start activities but also control IR relais and sockets (cheap stuff).
I just read that harmony has released (don't know when) and API for the hub. Any plans to integrate this as a device in comfortclick?
This would make things much easier and I add a lot of value to your product.
I had to do a "server repair" on Grinder.
Ended up with a dead black box : couldn't connect either to bOS, nor to Windows (remotely).
I had to find a screen and a keyboard, to hook them up to the Grinder, and then I understood the issue : Windows was requesting the password to be changed, and it just blocked everything.
So, issue fixed. But I though it was important to write a post about it :
- so that if you face the same problem you can easily fix it
- so that the ComfortClick people can make the black box a real black box you never have to worry about, as this was sold to me when I bought reluctantly a Windows box...
Hello! I'm trying to use the RPC Server in my Jigsaw device, but I can't find the way. I try to log into the linux configuracion of Jigsaw, but have no user and password. How can I activate the RPC Server? Thank you!!
I've created an info status button + SMS notification task for when the connection of the KNX BUS fails.
But what I would like to do, would be to lock the KNX controls, while there's no BUS connection, because IMHO the controls shouldn't be available if there's no connection. I know that there's an error message if you press them, but I would like to take it further.
I've searched everything but couldn't find any way to do that, is it possible?
Also, this could useful to dynamically disabled a certain button or whatever we would like, let's say disabled an Arm button if something's already armed, etc etc...
Have the following values in BOSService.exe.config that have worked before upgrade to 4.4.0.
After upgrade port is not started.
<add key="RPCServiceUri" value="http://localhost:81/" />
<add key="EnableRPC" value="True" />
Ive noticed that 2 of our servers have high cpu usage. Turns out that bos service is using 18-45% cpu (Pulsating usage) After restarting the service it returns to normal. Both servers have the latest stable update. But the problem returns, i dont know for how long it stays normal yet.
One said server is really old and we will move it soon to a new one, but that's how i noticed it happening. Because everything went to slowmo mode.
Other server is newer with a better cpu but it had the same symptoms. I restarted the service yesterday but today its back.
Ive checked some other servers and they all have ~3% cpu usage max. But they also are on version 4.4.4
Has anyone else noticed this?
I've recently updated server to version 4.5.8, but it's still impossible to work with it. Mostly remotely.
On local network I'm still experiencing error calling function problems, specially editing scenes, moving up and down elements. It still keeps on disconnecting and reconnecting sometimes. Very often...
But remotely it's impossible to do anything. Clicking on any tree view item makes configurator reconnect. Always. bOS client for PC isn't working right neither. Sometimes reconnects, sometimes camera freezes after a few seconds and finally reconnects again...
All those things makes impossible to update our customer's servers (I'm working with one of my own with free license).
Anyone else experiencing same problems after the update?
Thanks in advance.
4.50 is a very unstable update with lots of bugs.
- Many function not found errors when accessing various items on the server, like setting the right region (which was reset to default value again by the update) or checking network settings (that was also changed to default settings with the update)
- Can't set time zone (error calling function)
- Can't change network settings (error calling function)
- Viewing logfiles generates multiple errors calling function messages
- Adding new weather crashes BOS server
- Error icons in some tasks for no apparent reason.
- bOS Server crashes often, especialy when working from bOS Configurator (adding a task or node will crash bOS)
- Unable to add a trigger in a program (under tasks), adding will crash the interface with object not set to a reference error!
- Trying to add a trigger in a program with Condition set to ValueChanged (OnChange) will result in error 'Field value was not set' and not adding the trigger!
- Can not copy-past. It results in error message 'Error copying data from the clipboard, reference not set to instance of an object'
- When connecting with bOS Client (windows or iOS), continious connection error about 'Can not connect with this profile. Profile key does not match the server key. Possible security violation. Do you want to proceed anyway?'
- and many many many more bugs.
To bad I updated to a buggy version of bOS server...
When can we expect a stable update from 4.5?
Hello. After starting to update all of our installations I noticed that bOS Configurator can not connect to updated one, it says Downloading Configuration, then Configuration is loading. Please wait and that repeat. bOS Client has no problem connect to that installation. Any solution for this issue? It seems that is case of all devices updated to 4.5.0.
Customer support service by UserEcho