I am working on an energy measurement project for a customer, in which I intend to implement Comfortclick/bOS as the management system.
I have established a modbus connection between an energy measurement device from Finder and the bOS. I simultaneously noticed that the measurement (voltage, current and power) shown on the Finder display differs from the reading obtained by the bOS which is slightly higher.
Connection Type: Serial
Serial Transmission Mode: RTU
Low Word First: False
Low Byte First: False
Data Format: LittleEndian
Write Function Type: WriteSingle
Read Function Type: ReadSingle
Modbus Table: InputRegisters
Data Format: Signed32Bit (to power) and Unsigned32Bit (to voltage and current)
Scale Factor: 1
Use Status Address: False
Please, could you help me with the configuration in order to get the correct reading?
Need some help. I have a modbus relay and to turn on and off I have to write FF 00 for on and 00 00 for off to the relay with function code 5 (Write to single relay) how do I do it in jigsaw? Byte 1 adress byte 2 function code byte 3 4 adress of register (big-endian) byte 5 6 data of register (big-endian).
i have a jigsaw connected to a Modbus interface module MIM-B19N Samsung. I have the next parameters:
I attach the datasheet of this module to compare if you need: Manual Interface MODBUS Maquinas clima Samsung.pdf
The question is that some times, randomly, the communication breaks down and we can control any of indoor units we have. In addition, i attach a screenshot of Jigsaw's logs:
I don't know if the problem is because of driver's parameters or firmware error. I will appreciate any help .
I have a Grinder module, and I would like to connect a Solar Inverter via UART. In the Grinder module, I have connected the CP2102 adapter to the USB port, bOs recognizes it perfectly in the COM3 port. According to the solar inverter documentation, the communication is UART, 115200bps, 8bits data, 1 stop bit, no parity. The COM3 port, so I have configured it. But I can't get a response from the inverter. I have tried all the combinations on the bos, but I cannot receive data. Any suggestion???
is it possible to communicate with devices in the same bus, which have different settings (for example: Low Word First)? Could Data settings of Modbus driver be implemented on Slave node?
And a possibility to disable any Slave (for commissioning or testing) so that server won`t see an error, would be convenient.
I've been researching the Comfortclick website, but I have some doubts about Modbus.
Here are the questions below and also an outline of the basic concepts for Modbus RTC and TCP/IP:
1. Is there any difference in capacity between a NUC or JIGSAW?
2. Is there any difference in capacity between an RS-485 RTU or TCP/IP?
3. Is there any limitation or does bOS Comfortclick comply with the Modbus standard, ie up to 32 devices [without repeater] or 247 [with repeater]?
4. Is there the possibility of limitation by the manufacturer/device, having limited the amount of modbus addresses?
[As shown in the example on the Comfortclick page:
1. Regarding Modbus, there is no big difference, both servers could handle similar number of Modbus devices (but number of Modbus devices is not the key factor it is number of registers/data points) if it is a commercial project I recommend you to use at least Grinder Black or even better Sledgehammer, due to professional server features (e.g. full disk backup, remote control of server hardware through web interface...)
2. No difference.
3. bOS comply with Modbus standard so you can integrate maximum number of devices according to Modbus standard.
4. Do not fully understand last question.
I'm reading values from my SunnyBoy SMA Inverter to shown the yield of my solarpanels in my bOS.
I successfully connect to my SMA with below values:
It goes just fine as long as the sun is shining. Once the sun drops, the NaN value takes it's place and gives me the
-2147483648 value; When plotting my daily yield, the few actual kw (max. 14 kW) vanishes compared to this ridiculous high value. Is there any way to prevent this kind of spikes?
I've tried adding a new integer value which is set with a Program and corrected to 0 when the value drops below 0, but this still doesn't works out... Is there another SMA user suffering from the same?
Customer support service by UserEcho