0

High CPU usage

Jürgen Jürgenson 2 weeks ago in bOS Server updated 1 week ago 4

Hey,

Ive noticed that 2 of our servers have high cpu usage. Turns out that bos service is using 18-45% cpu (Pulsating usage) After restarting the service it returns to normal. Both servers have the latest stable update. But the problem returns, i dont know for how long it stays normal yet. 

One said server is really old and we will move it soon to a new one, but that's how i noticed it happening. Because everything went to slowmo mode.

Other server is newer with a better cpu but it had the same symptoms. I restarted the service yesterday but today its back.

Ive checked some other servers and they all have ~3% cpu usage max. But they also are on version 4.4.4

Has anyone else noticed this?

Hi Jurgen,

Reading your post I went and check my Grinder. All good there as bOS service is running @ around 1%. Last full reboot was several weeks ago, but I installed the lasted Beta only few days ago... Unfortunately I didn't check with v4.6.1 but will try to reinstall it when I have time to see if there is an impact on the CPU load.

I changed out the old server that got really slow with the high cpu usage, new one is working ok so far for about 6h now.

My home server had high CPU usage again in the morning, I restarted the service and it went back to normal. Will check tonight again if the problem returns. So far it looks like it takes about 6-8 hours until the problem returns. And my home server wont go slow with the high cpu usage, visualization is working like it should, just the servers fans go crazy when it happens.
Anyways i will keep my eye on it. Maybe i need to reinstall bOS server if it happens again.

So on the weekend I first did a repair, that didint help ~6hours and the cpu went nuts again. After that i did a uninstall&reinstall

and so far everything is ok. Dont know what may have caused it.

Hey,

So it was ok for few days, then i did a restart and it came back. I see that its pulsating goes high up to 40% and low down to 1%. Otherwise everything is responding fine and there are no errors in the log.

And i think i found the problem. I had the LG's TV driver enabled, and it still has some problem with the MAC address it gets automatically(even if i insert the MAC manually it still cant connect to the TV and there was no change in the cpu usage), after disabling  it the cpu usage went back to normal. 
So if anybody has same thing happening better recheck if there is no broken devices enabled.